Home » Airplane Insurance » Bombardier Global

Bombardier Global Airplane Insurance

Bombardier Global Insurance Cost Examples

Bombardier Global 6000 - Dual Pilot Typed Rated

Coverage Limits Premium
Global Physical Damage $40,00,000 Agreed Value $65,000
Aircraft Liability $250,000,000 Per Occurrence $29,000
Total Annual Premium $94,000

Bombardier Global XRS - Dual Pilot Typed Rated

Coverage Limits Premium
XRS Physical Damage $15,000,000 Agreed Value $33,000
Aircraft Liability $250,000,000 Per Occurrence $29,000
Total Annual Premium $62,000

Bombardier Global 7500 - Dual Pilot Typed Rated

Coverage Limits Premium
7500 Physical Damage $70,000,000 Agreed Value $82,000
Aircraft Liability $500,000,000 Per Occurrence $58,000
Total Annual Premium $140,000

Aircraft Summary

Bombardier Global corporate jets are one of the best if not thee best corporate jets ever created. Alongside Gulfstream of course, but the Globals have always targeted the top tier, more luxurious jet market ever created. They are designed for clients that spare no expense when it comes to time and comfort. Bombardier and Gulfstream have been in a speed race since the beginning of competition for the top dog corporate jets. The Global 8000 is supposed to be certified to crew at a speed of mach 0.93. 

Liability premium is based on the limit of liability, number of seats, and yearly usage. The Globals carry high limits of liability between $100,000,000 and $500,000,000 per occurrence. The liability premium accounts for approximately 30% of the overall premium. The remaining 70% is from the hull value. 

The cost of a brand new Global 8000 is $80,000,000 and in this tight market, will take several years to be delivered. Most owners have already predicted this back order and have made deposits for future deliveries. 

An easy way to estimate or visualize the premium for a Bombardier Global jet is: 0.2%, 0.4%, and 0.6%

  • 0.2% of the hull value for experienced pilots and high hull value such as $50,000,000
  • 0.4% of the hull value for experienced pilots and high hull value such as $25,000,000
  • 0.6% of the hull value for experienced pilots and high hull value such as $10,000,000

There’s really no hard market when it comes to great aircraft operations and 9 times out of 10 Bombardier Global jet operators are multi billionaires that spare no expense for anything including their flight department.

Models We Cover

  • Global Express
  • Global Express XRS
  • Global 5000
  • Global 5500
  • Global 6000
  • Global 6500
  • Global 7500
  • Global 8000

Valuation

A brand new Global 8000 and cost as much as $80,000,000. Anytime you have an aircraft’s value that high, it’s to be expected that there will be significant depreciation. But the owners of Globals don’t care about depreciation like normal people.

Risk Areas

It’s hard to say that a Global aircraft has any risk areas because they are such a well manufactured aircraft and owned and operated by some of the most powerful people in the world. There may be a pilot shortage for some flight operations but there is no pilot shortage when a billionaire is able to pay his pilots substantially more than a Part 135 King Air flight department.

Claim History

Bombardier Globals very rarely crash or have catastrophic claims primarily due to professionalism of pilots and quality of the maintenance departments. The personnel at a Global flight department has had to work their way up to acquire the experience needed to properly operate and maintain the aircraft.

Safety Features

Globals are extremely safe aircraft being operated by the best corporate jet pilots in the world. Pilots have upgraded their flying careers from smaller jets to a Global by having a great reputation as adding value to a flight department. Global aircraft have the latest technology and safety features.

Flight Training Centers

Global Flight Training Centers are located throughout the US and throughout the world at full motion level D simulators. FlightSafety International, CAE Simuflite, and Simcom.

See our complete list of approved flight schools for more information.

Parts Service Centers

Bombardier Global Authorized Service Centers are located throughout the US and throughout the world.

Find out what we can do for you