What Our Clients Are Saying...
Sunset Aviation has gotten us great deals and provides us with lay-up credits, good experience returns, and flexible pilot warranty that fits our needs.
We trust Ben and the professional expertise in the aviation insurance industry
Airports that are covered:
- Commercial airports servicing airlines such as international airport like Miami International Airport, Houston Airports, and Los Angeles World Airports
- General Aviation Airports operated like a business. They do not service commercial operations and are often smaller like Van Nuys Airport, Henderson Executive, Fort Lauderdale Executive, and Miami-Opa locka Airport.
- Private airfields and airport operations that are not open to the general public such as Ocean Reef Club and Alpine Airpark.
Airport premises liability policies generally contain a specific description of how the premises premium will be computed. Generally you can expect the premium to be somewhere around 1% of the annual sales. So if the airport is netting $5,000,000 from fuel, hangars, tie downs and additional services, you could expect the premium to be around $50,000 annually. There may be some $10,000 to $20,000 deductibles.
What is covered under airport liability insurance?
The most common people that purchase airport liability insurance are Airport Owners and Municipalities, Fixed Based Operators, Airline Operators, Maintenance Companies or MROs, Fuel Providers, Hangar Owners and Tenants.
Additional coverage options
Aviation Commercial General Liability is either a general aggregate or per occurrence. So if an airport has $100,000,000 per occurrence they can have multiple losses with a total over the limit in a policy period or year.
Medical payments can be provided to cover all reasonable medical expenses incurred by the insured arising out of injuries to members of the public wile on the premises
Already have airport liability insurance?
If you already have coverage on your aircraft or airport liability insurance, when is the last time you had an extra set of eyes re evaluate the risk and premium?
Areas to monitor are:
- Liability insurance limits available
- Coverage and risks
- Cost savings
Questions to ask your current carrier
- Can we get the insurance company out to the airport to visit our airport and operations?
- Does the insurance company have risk management tools to help us manage risk?
- Can you provide us with the previous 5 years loss runs?
- Have you been updated on the average annual number of aircraft landings?
- Have you been updated on the average annual gallons of 100LL and Jet A fuel sold per year?
- Do you have updated records of our fire protection systems in buildings, property, and hangars?