Home » Airplane Insurance » Cessna Conquest

Cessna Conquest Airplane Insurance

Cessna Conquest Insurance Cost Examples

Cessna Conquest 441 - Owner Pilot Experienced

Coverage Limits Premium
441 Physical Damage $1,200,000 Agreed Value $10,500
Aircraft Liability $1,000,000 Per Occurrence $4,000
Total Annual Premium $14,500

Cessna Conquest 441 - Owner Pilot with 1,000 Total Time

Coverage Limits Premium
441 Physical Damage $700,000 Agreed Value $10,500
Aircraft Liability $1,000,000 Per Occurrence $5,000
Total Annual Premium $15,500

Aircraft Summary

The Cessna Conquest or Cessna 441 is the first turboprop aircraft that Cessna ever created in 1975. The Conquest is a competitor to the Piper Cheyenne and Navajo.

Hull premium is typically around 70% of the overall premium and liability is the remaining 30%. Liability premium depends on the number of seats and the Conquest can have a seating capacity of 8 to 9 passengers.

There’s only a small handful of insurance companies that are interested in offering quotes on the Conquest because it is so old, as far as an aircraft is concerned. One of the concerns with older aircraft is replacing parts if there has been a claim made.

One way we encourage Conquest owners to estimate competitive rates is: 1.5%, 2%, and 2.5%

  • 1.5% of the hull value for experienced pilots, no dry leases or fractional, annual pilot training
  • 2% of the hull value for experienced pilots, with fractional ownership and more than 3 named pilots
  • 2.5% of the hull value for less experienced pilots, more than 3 named pilots, dry leases, etc.

Pilots are required to complete annual training in the Conquest. Insurance companies have started incorporating deductibles to physical damage claims.

There is an online organization called Conquest Owners that is a great resource for owners.

Models We Cover

  • I
  • II

Valuation

The Conquest is an older aircraft so much of the depreciation has already been factored in previous years. The remaining depreciation is related to future airframe and engine maintenance cycles.

Risk Areas

The hardest aircraft to insure are pilots over 70 years old that need to sell an aviation insurance underwriter on a new relationship. It’s important to show an emphasis on training and safety.

Claim History

The Conquest has had a good claims history. It’s important to also have a good relationship with your local maintenance shop for annual inspections and if there has been a claim, knowing the aircraft can be serviced and there’s parts available.

Safety Features

Many of the Conquest owners have upgraded the avionics to something like a Garmin 430 or G1000 to help improve instrument flying and overall situational awareness. The engines are reliable Continental GTSIO-520X engines.

Flight Training Centers

Conquest Flight Training Centers are located throughout the US.

See our complete list of approved flight schools for more information.

Parts Service Centers

Conquest Authorized Service Centers are located throughout the US.

Find out what we can do for you